Thursday, October 22, 2009

DAY 25 ALKALINE YEAR Is Concern about Flu Isolating Some of Us?


October 22, 2009 We needed to go to the mainland today; I was fortified with my usual avocado, almonds,  and alkaline water with powdered greens.   We sat on the ferry with a couple whom we’ve not seen for some time.  The husband expressed great concern about “catching” flu, merely by going to the mainland and rubbing shoulders in stores with the general population.    He said he “got” it the last time because he went to see his doctor.  The waiting room, he said, was full of “hacking, coughing sick people” and he came down with flu the next day despite being vaccinated.

This is a couple who are so hooked on SAMS (Standard American Meals, for anyone who may have tuned in late) that vegan eating is repulsive to them.  I listened for a few minutes, then excused myself and left to write this blog in my journal.

The conversation made me wonder: How many old people, old or young,  isolate themselves for fear of “catching” something?  This seems like a negative side effect of a partial understanding about germ theory, one which leaves us projecting fears of disease onto the outside world, then hiding from it.  Although I used to think of Pasteur’s germ theory as plain, dead wrong, I no longer feel that way.  Sure, people “catch” bugs,  but only when their internal milieu is compromised.  If our blood and lymphatic systems are optimally alkaline, we’re not going to get those critters.  And with our acidic SAMS, many people have low-level acidosis that predisposes them to flu and other diseases no matter how many vaccinations they get.  When I was eating SAMS, many years ago, I also was being vaccinated and I always came down with colds and flu within a few days of the shot. 

The difference between eating alkaline and eating SAMS is that I'm no longer anxious about flu, cancer, or any of the other major diseases that  seem to float around like Hallowe'en spooks.  I don't feel any compulsion to eat this way; I'm doing it because I want to.  No longer at the mercy of food whims, I'm fueled by something more important: to the degree that I can succeed in eating alkaline, happily and with regard for others, so can anybody else.   This way of eating could benefit the whole world, because every part of it is sustainable for the planet.









No comments:

Post a Comment