Wednesday, October 14, 2009

DAY SEVENTEEN, ALKALINE YEAR Eatings at Meetings

DAY SEVENTEEN ALKALINE YEAR

Eatings at Meetings

October 14, 2009  In our local paper the other day was a story about a heroic young man who'd saved his teacher when the unfortunate man choked on a Tootsie Pop during class.  Why on earth was the teacher eating in class?    I suppose it's no different than a board meeting; seems like everybody eats everywhere these days.  


My  big challenge today was a United Way board meeting, which I chaired, on a neighboring island, Lopez, that has an incredibly good restaurant, Vita’s.  We’d decided to have lunch brought in from that wonderful place.   Not to give United Way an undeserved bad name: we each paid for our share.   I’d reserved mine before starting this alkaline year, and knew the food would be healthy, beautifully-prepared and also that it probably would include goat cheese, filo crust, boned chicken in peanut sauce and maybe crab cakes.   It did! What a feast!  Everybody else had a little more because I stayed with the vegetables.

Until the enormous tray was actually placed on the conference room table in the Lopez Library, where we met, I’d no idea if I could stay alkaline on this one.  I was pretty sure that Vita's would provide some straight vegan choices and they as usual did not disappoint.   In a handsome presentation, the  tray included marinated, sliced tomatoes, cucumber, and a salad of shredded carrots and, perhaps, cabbage, all of which I enjoyed fully. 

How lucky we are to live in a world of choices!  Home on the afternoon ferry and time now to walk Binka around the lake, so this will be a short blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment