Friday, October 23, 2009

DAY 26 ALKALINE YEAR Company Dinner





DAY 26  ALKALINE YEAR   Company Dinner

October 23, 2009 This evening can best be described as a partial  “time out” from alkaline eating.  With Jack, two other couples and, for part of the evening,  Damien, I enjoyed a full cuisine: roasted salmon, ratatouille (eggplant, onion, tomatoes, with freshly-ground basil and turmeric), pureed baked yams with coconut milk (recipe from Day 24), Brussels sprouts,  and, for dessert, apple pie (spelt crust, healthier maybe but with a heavier texture than I like) with a spoonful of Lopez creamery’s cinnamon ice cream.  I opted for pear juice and two of the dinner guests had a glass of wine, and I chose tea instead of coffee.   Mostly we talked and talked and talked some more, the sorts of conversations that paused on occasion because we all,  I think, felt comfortable and well-fed!  So now it is nearly midnight and even when I don’t eat totally alkaline I want to keep this blog going.

Will I return to being an alakarian?  Tomorrow and the weeks after that will tell the story.


No comments:

Post a Comment