Wednesday, November 4, 2009

DAY 38 ALKALINE YEAR The Living Matrix


 Last night, in a friend’s home, several of us saw The Living Matrix, an alternative-healthcare film that presents several scientists discussing energy healing.  I am convinced of the validity of working with our energies.  Back in 1956, when I didn’t know a chakra from a doughnut and much preferred the latter,  I was going into final exam week at college.  Severe tooth pain was interfering with my study time.  The notion came to me to see if I could will the tooth pain down to my big toe, where it wouldn’t hurt so much.  Sure enough, my toe throbbed all week, but my brain was free of pain and I was able to study for the exams.

What if, as scientists such as Bruce H. Lipton, PhD (The Biology of Belief) and Candace Pert, PhD (Molecules of Emotion) have found,  every cell in our bodies is a thinking, communicating energy producer and consumer?  Doesn’t that mean that we contain within ourselves, trillions of resources that we can use in our daily lives?

Certainly food is a way of stimulating our cells, so that we can use these resources for ourselves, for humanity and—who knows?—for the universe.  Our beliefs about food DO matter, and the more we put our God-given intelligence about nutrition to work, the better everybody will feel and behave.

Having said this, I’m going to offer a variation on straight alkaline eating, intended only as a very occasional treat (I ate seven!)   Our hostess last night served coconut macaroons, made with egg whites (low ACF*) and unsweetened shredded coconut (low AF*).  MMM!  To make them, whip the whites from two large eggs with a pinch of salt until stiff, fold in a cup of coconut, drop a teaspoonful of the mixture onto a cookie sheet oiled with coconut oil, bake in a preheated 300-degree oven 20 minutes; turn down oven to 200 degrees and leave in another 10 minutes, or more if you like browned macaroons.




*ACF= acid-forming; low AF = low alkaline forming 

No comments:

Post a Comment