Friday, November 6, 2009

DAY 40 THIS ALKALINE YEAR Does Food Change Our Energy?





During lunch at the EFT workshop today, we got to talking about food as energy, and the conversation went well beyond what we all know as calories.  Is it possible that the kinds of food we eat change our basic energies?  I think so.  An obvious example, for many of us, is that when we eat sugary foods, we get sort of hyper, and all the disease states associated with high intake of junk foods are characterized by changes in attitude, feeling, thought.  Such changes certainly aren’t the same for everyone; a teenager may consume lots of junk foods without obvious energetic changes, where if I do it, I’ll notice the difference almost immediately.  However, on thinking back to a teen-aged time when I drank lots of Cokes, I remember a time of confused thinking and poor choices of other activities. 

Back to the basic question, it seems to me that our beliefs change our energies even more than the food we eat.   That may sound incongruent, coming from a woman who’s spending a year eating alkaline,  except that as you may have deduced, I believe that will do me a lot of good; indeed, it already has, witnessed by the fact that I sat through seven hours of discussion, exercises, and insights without feeling bored once.  Used to be, in meetings, that my feet and legs would twitch with restlessness!  Most of the credit for the new awareness goes to Nancy Southern, experienced therapist, coach, and sensitive human that she is,  but I also felt inner peace about the whole process.


Perhaps food changes the extent of our energies, while belief changes their direction.

The workshop was very productive.  When we began, we stated our inner and outer intentions for the seven-hour session.  Inner intentions were  feelings: how did we want to feel at the end of the day.  Outer intentions were more in the area of what we wanted to accomplish.  Someone remarked that this would be a good exercise to do at the beginning of any day, along with  checking in again at day’s end.

Yams are baking in my kitchen and I need to make a vegetable stew for Jack.   Good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment