Saturday, November 21, 2009

DAY 57 THIS ALKALINE YEAR: Mandolin Supersedes Food!

Today nothing much new happened on the food horizon; for the second day, I’ve been practicing mandolin a lot.  I started using a good playalong DVD, and it will likely take a week before my finger callouses harden.  Goal for this go-around is to be able to play a lullaby for my 15-month-old granddaughter in Boston at Christmas.  Jack is going to Portland (OR) for the holiday with his twin grandchildren and we will meet in Tucson on December 30.  In the meantime, Thanksgiving is beckoning!  Now, if I can just figure out "Turkey in the Straw" maybe the guests will let me perform!

The Saturday after Thanksgiving is our annual Holiday Festival, which I played a small role in starting before I retired as Senior Services Coordinator, and this year I'll have a booth to sell lavender wands and sniff bags and other sachets.  Our Orcas antiques dealer is lending me a prop for my table.  Part of the proceeds benefits the Orcas Senior Center, where the event is held.

No comments:

Post a Comment